Our large stainless steel ID tags are perfect for dogs over 85 lbs.
Our medium stainless steel ID tags are perfect for dogs weighing between 15 lbs and 85 lbs.
Our small stainless steel ID tags are perfect for dogs weighing less than 15 lbs.
How We Make Our Tags: Our Secret Duplex 2205
We employ the most durable pet id tag metal on the market today in the exciting ancient art of lost wax casting. (Be sure and watch the video of molten metal being poured into a mold to make a tag.) A special yacht grade of stainless steel called duplex 2205 is poured and really sweetens the deal because it’s 100% corrosion proof and 2x as durable as ALL other stainless alloys including 304, 306, 316, etc. No joke.
For you this means no rusting, no bending, no coat staining, no loop wearing, and no faded engraving.
After casting, Silver Paw tags are sand blasted, then put through a 7 step finishing process to obtain a mirror finish before the final step of engraving. It’s quite an involved, labor intensive process that no other tag company can hold a candle to. We’re proud as can be of our process, metal, and the obvious quality of our tags.
Duplex 2205 History
We were ecstatic to discover this durable pet id tag metal! Duplex 2205 stainless steel has outstanding corrosion resistance because of it’s chromium content. It was developed in the 1960’s for the offshore oil industry for its strength and ability to withstand salt water. You will not find a better tag material. It is outstanding but expensive so tag stampers and overseas manufacturers don’t use it.
Stainless steel pet tags that claim to be rust proof and durable may not be because of the cheaper, thin grade of stainless steel they are made from. 304, 306, 316 stainless steel alloys are NOT rust proof in salt water. Salt corrodes these industry standard pet id tag metals.
Durable Stainless Steel Attachment Hardware
We include both a 316-grade stainless steel split ring and 3/4″ S-hook for a durable pet id tag collar attachment.
The stainless steel split ring is easiest to attach but not the most durable of the two. If it catches on something while being worn, it may pull open and your durable pet id tag will not be so durable anymore!
The stainless steel 3/4″ S-hook is thick, much sturdier, and the best choice for active dogs. We strongly recommend this hardware if your dog tends to be hard on their collars. However, it will not stretch open like the split ring. You will need a strong pair of hands and pliers to attach the S-hook.
Why You Need Our Tag
- 100% made in Maine id tags with renewable engraving
- 100% guarantee return policy if you’re not happy
- Deep, dark engraving
- Guaranteed free re-engraving if tag ever becomes unreadable
- Maine woods, mountains, & waterways tested for pet id tag ruggedness & durability
- Free replacement if pet tag ever wears out
- 1/8″ or 3mm thick id tag
- Thick, beefy loop for attachment
- 2x as hard & rust proof as all other stainless steel id tags on the market
- Made of duplex 2205 stainless steel alloy
- Chew proof, scratch proof, & bend proof
- Best and most reviews on the internet
- Heavy stainless steel split ring & s-hook for collar attachment included
What People Are Saying
- “There are very few companies that make stainless Steel ID dog tags and if they do they are not anywhere near the quality of silverpawtags.com”
- “Quality is second to none! The tag is everything website promised, heavy duty and crafted with care. Like nothing else out there and well worth the price.”
- “These tags are the finest I have ever seen. We get stopped on walks when people see them.”
- “You’ll wish this was the first tag you ever ordered, cause you know for sure it won’t be the last.”
- “The workmanship is second to none. These are nice, thick tags that put others to shame.”
- “When you can’t tell the difference between a 5 year old tag and a brand new one, that’s quality.”
- “No more worrying the bale will split and loosing the tag. These tags are meant to last.”
- “I’ll wear out before the tag does! Absolutely superb in every aspect.”
- “Yes, this tag is a little pricey compared to others, but I believe in paying for quality and this is what you get.”
- “I did a lot of on-line research and I don’t think there’s a better product on the market.”
- “Simply stunning! Excellent quality and craftsmanship! These are the Rolls Royces of Pet ID tags!”
- “I am so impressed with the quality-I can tell that it’s made with great care. This is the first one out of several that has done what it advertised.”